- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Emergency Communications
- Idaho Falls, ID, USA
- Full Time
April 18, 2017
TO: To All interested persons
Bonneville County is now accepting applications for the following position:
Position: System Support Technician
Starting Salary: Pay Grade 17 - starting salary $20.88 to $24.21 depending on experience
Work Hours: 40 hours a week
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Performs a variety of administrative, professional, and complex technical duties as needed to assist in providing, user training, software deployment, software upgrades, systems monitoring, networking, hardware repairs, report writing, and research.
Works as a member of an IT team under the direction of the Emergency Communications Director and supports the 24/7 mission of the Emergency Communications Center.
Diagnose, identify, and resolve computer hardware and software problems and apply guided problem solving techniques.
Will perform problem analysis related to software and hardware issues, communicate with manufacturer support, provide input to solution, scheduling, and implement solutions to resolve issues.
Provides technical assistance to users and make recommendations to meet identified needs including hardware, software and network solutions.
- Evaluate and Configure network and information systems
- Promote information security requirements,
- Monitor, identify, report, and mitigate system failures
- Develop recommendations to solve issues
- Document issues and procedures for resolution
- Perform quality control
- Function as Point of Contact for user issues.
- Provide training to user groups
- Perform related duties as required.
- Educations and Experience:
A. Technical Education such as a degree in computer science, communication technology, computer programming, or information technology. Current industry certifications. Relevant military experience will be considered in place of degree.
B. Five (5) years of experience performing above and related duties.
C. An equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working knowledge of:
- PC hardware maintenance and replacement such as batteries, memory, graphics cards, hard drives.
- Help desk systems.
- Hardware inventory systems.
- SNMP; SYSLOG; Server Monitoring Solutions.
- Basics of network equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Windows 7-8-10, Server 2008-2012-2016, operating system installation, cloning and deployment.
- VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
- Microsoft Office, Access, Outlook, VISIO, SSMS,
- VPN, HyperTerminal, Telnet, FTP.
- Technical Documentation such as hardware and software flow charts, training guides, and help files.
Some knowledge of specialized Public Safety information systems and technology is preferred but not required.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing; establish and maintain working relationships with professionals, department heads, coworkers and the public, to work independently, mitigate stress caused by work, and adhere to schedules. Ability to read, understand and apply complex written and verbal instructions.
Availability: This is a 24 hour a day, 365 day a year operating facility. You must be available and adaptable to a variety of hours and length of time needed to solve issues.
- Special Qualifications
Must maintain a valid Idaho driver's license.
Must be able to pass background and polygraph examinations.
May be required to obtain/maintain certifications.
- Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and minor cuts; work is generally performed indoors in a climate controlled environment; the noise level in the environment is quiet. Normal hand eye coordination and dexterity is required. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and grip; reach with hands and arms; to speak and hear; and to understand and follow complex written and verbal instructions. The employee is frequently required to sit in an office environment. The employee may occasionally be required to lift between 30 to 50 pounds, climb ladders, and traverse stairwells. The vision requirements include close vision, ability to discriminate between colors and ability to adjust focus. Mental application utilizes memory for details, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and guided and creative problem solving; ability to occasionally work long hours and deal with stress. The work requires the employee to be on-call and able to work on nights, weekends and holidays if needed. Frequent local travel and occasional extended overnight travel is required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
BONNEVILLE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WITH PREFERENCE GIVEN TO QUALIFIED VETERANS